SC - Re: aussie BBQ OT

Prydwen gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Wed Jan 17 16:40:45 PST 2001

Hi,
BBQ's vary alot from region to region. You can have
anything from texas style slow cooked beef brisket(one
of my favorites), served with sauce on the side, pork
with a vinegar based sauce, (North carolina style),
ribs(preferably pork) with a sweet sauce with lots of
honey, salmon steaks done to perfection with a little
lemon and butter. kabobs, veggies marinated in an
olive oil based marinade and grilled til they're done.
We also have a smoker that we use alot. I like it
because I dont have to fuss around with it, just check
the coals and add wood for the smoke every couple of
hours. IT's how I almost always do my turkey. ANd all
teh sides, BBQ beans, sweet cole slaw, green bean
cassarole, and at least one really good dessert.
They're almost always informal, altho I have been to a
couple of rehearsal dinners for weddings that were
kinda on the fancy side. Mixing nice clothes with the
possiblity of spilling barbeque sauce on tehm has
never made sense to me, but it makes some people
happy.

nisha