SC - OT - Pavlova

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 17 16:44:25 PST 2001

Hi,
Something we have done in my family to cut down on the
gamey taste in meats, (works on catfish too) is to
soak the game meat in milk or buttermilk for a few
hours or overnight before fixing it. You soak it, dry
it off and fix it however you normally would. It works
for venison, catfish, game birds, etc, I dont know why
it wouldn't work for kangaroo. But I have had friends
over the years tell me, Oh I dont like_____, as they
are stuffing their face with cat fish, or venison when
they have sworn that they hate it and never even knew
what they were eating until I told them.
Nisha

The Roo meat we eat is considered gamey by some
people, but I
personally
feel it is less gamey in taste than venison.