SC - Fractions in recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 21 17:41:31 PST 2001

(I got an error on this message and I haven't seen it appear, so I'm
trying again. My appologies if you've already seen it)

My wife and I went back to Trudy's last weekend, before they stopped
their fried avocado special.

I don't have the recipe, but I wrote down the menu description:
"Fried, breaded avocado half stuffed with spiced chicken. Covered with
New Mexican green chile sauce and topped with cheese."

The green sauce was much hotter this time. My wife could barely eat
it this last time. The spiced chicken was shredded. From the nibbles I
had, I couldn't really tell what the spices were. And it was an
avocado sliced in half, then stuffed with chicken and then breaded
and fried - not a half-stuffed avocado.

This weekend we went to a different Mexican resturant. I had a pair
of mole' enchiladas and cabrito. This is only the first or possibly
second time I've had cabrito (goat). It must have been a kid, because
there were lots of bones and the ribs were only about three inches
long. Too much picking through bones and cartilage for me. Especially
when you are gathering some meat to put on a soft taco. It was bit
easier just to nibble off the bones, although perhaps a bit crude
in a resturant. While the taste was slightly different, I'm not sure
I would pay the higher price again. Interesting experiment though.
- --
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net