SC - Brown Favas

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 30 22:32:58 PST 2001

Beatrice said:
> Sir Mistress Hilary has perfected the cooking of goose. Apparently many
> people hate goose because it is incredible fatty. Her method leaves a
> moist, succulent bird with all the fat in nice little jars. The goose flesh
> itself is not at all fatty and the skin is crisp. However not only is it a
> lot of work, there is not a lot of meat per person.

Okay, then can you tell us more about this method or find out from her
what this method involves? I don't have a goose in the freezer and I
don't know if I can find them right now since the Christmas season
is past, but I do have a frozen duck in the freezer. I was saving
this for Welsh salt duck from "Traditional Food from Wales" but
I could be persuaded to try Mistress Hilary's method instead.

- --
THL Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net