SC - alcohol revisited

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 31 15:45:54 PST 2001

- --- margali <margali at 99main.com> wrote:
> To some people that little amount of alcohol may be
> that irritating/ I
> do know a person that cant eat bread because of the
> alcohol in it

Folks, I think it boils down to this (pardon the pun):
 There are those people out there who, for whatever
reason, always look for the drama and controversy in
any topic brought up.  They are allergic or
"sensitive" to almost everything known to man, or can
detect a molecule of alcohol in a swimming pool full
of sauce...your basic Super Hero abilities abound,
apparently.

I think it is fair to say that the best way to deal
with it is to inform your guests as to which dishes
contain/contained/may contain alcohol, and move on.
If they keel over after that, the sin is upon their
head, not ours.

At all future feasts I host, I will place a large sign
outside the door, which should warn all of those with
allergies (either real or imagined) what to expect:
     "Caution:  Food Contains Ingredients"

Balthazar of Blackmoor