[Sca-cooks] OT - Yiddish Birthday Song

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 3 01:12:19 PDT 2001

I was going through some of my files that saved badly, and found this
fragment from the list.  I am sending some various birthday songs to a a
friend who's natal day is today, and wanted to send this one as well.  Can
someone here identify thier words, and supply the rest of the song?
Christianna

Happy Birthday Mordonna, My dear!  Hope you had a happy day!

As is customary in our family, I shall sing you "Happy birthday" in Yiddish.
The Yiddish HB song speaks of one having a happy and joyful time on one's
own
personal holiday.  (and the tune is differnent too)

Tzu dine g'bortz tug..... tzu dine yuntif heint