[Sca-cooks] Eating Shakespeare Addendum

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Jul 8 15:53:19 PDT 2001

Hiya List,

Having talked to my Mistress regarding the legalities, she has reassured
me that this is indeed legal. I also apprised her of the actual going
rate for the book (cdn) and she has adjusted the US dollar rate. Please
see the following.

Micaylah

*************************

Hello all from Dame TSivia!

As I mentioned in the previous posting, I will be bringing in some
copies of a new period cookbook to Pennsic ONLY.  "Eating Shakespeare"
is published by Prentice-Hall CANADA.  There are no US rights sold to
date and as such, no US distributor.  I will be bringing down copies to
be sold at the KRYSTAR booth at Pennsic, in order to make the book
available to SCA cooks.  **YES** this is legal, as I am acting as a
private agent for the authors.  The book supplies the original recipe
and source, as well as the authors' modern kitchen translations and
little tidbits of Shakespearean kitchen lore.

Copies can be pre-reserved by emailing me at tsivia at uottawa.ca  Copies
will be $22 us each <due to the exchange between US and Canadian
dollar> - $26.95 Cdn.

The following is a synopsis of "Eating Shakespeare" by the folks of the
Chapters bookstore chain in Canada.

Presenting a delightful feast of Elizabethan language, lore and lunch
ideas, this Shakespearean culinary tribute combines the work of the Bard
with some inspirational kitchen creations. Eating Shakespeare: Recipes
and More From the Bard's Kitchen offers a unique mixture of original
period recipes and delicious modern equivalents. These savoury
Shakespearean dishes have been recreated by modern chefs to offer a
marvel of early cookery, including such delectable creations as Cherry
Soup, Broiled Oysters, Friday Pie, Norfolk Fool, Claret Jelly and much
more. Impress your friends and literary circle with this dose of edible
Elizabethan fare.