[Sca-cooks] Eating Shakespeare

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Jul 9 12:34:26 PDT 2001

Kiri commented:
> I have found that having multiple redactions of a recipe gives me several
> viewpoints from which to work out my own adaptation...if I'm using
> already-redacted recipes.  I believe that having several "takes" on
> something like this gets us somehow closer to what may have really been
> intended.

Definitely. Which is why you will often find multiple, different
redactions in the Florilegium for the same period recipe. Sometimes
you find the period recipe multiple times, but that is a different
situation. ie: most likely Stefan's poor memory. :-)

My concern with this book was mostly whether it gave the original
recipes, so I could see what liberties had been taken already.

Micaylah's second message did answer my questions about the book, but
I hadn't seen it because I get this list as a digest.

I have already put in my reservation for a copy of this book.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net