[Sca-cooks] RE: if you know of a allergy don't EAT

Jeanne Schweiger jeannes1401 at juno.com
Thu Jul 19 19:25:40 PDT 2001

>From: "chirhart_1" <chirhart_1 at netzero.net>

>Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:23:53 -0400
>Subject: [Sca-cooks] Be an adult if you know of a allerge dont EAT!!
>Or pandoras box opened

>Hi to the list. Hello I,m Master chirhart. I've been with the SCA for
around thirty years. ...

>I have had to ask the hard question are your allergies real or just that
you have hated >broccoli since child hood. Yes! ask those hard questions
You also have to be adult >about it.  Things got better!!
>To make this a shorter story I have started to have fun in making sure
no
>one strokes out at my table.The challenge has been tiring and rewarding.

And if it isn't an allergy, just a strong dislike . . . he'll watch you
as you eat it.
At Pennsic last year, he was cooking the "innards" of a pig.  I said I
hated kidney, but the liver was ok.  He offered me a piece from the pan.
I chose a piece the looked like liver - avoiding the curved ones I
assumed were kidney.  I ate it . . . and it was good!  Chirhart then told
me it was the kidney!!  Which goes to show
a) that Master Chirhart can cook ANYTHING and make it taste good.
b) if it is just a "dislike" we should try it again --- maybe it was just
done poorly when we last tried it.

Wish I were joining you this year . . .

Casamira Jawjalny, O.L.
The Fool from Artemisia