[Sca-cooks] Re: [trimaris] Smithsonian Stuff

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Fri Jul 6 09:34:48 PDT 2001

I suspect it would blow their minds, especially if we included what was
charged
per person for the feast.  I'm a member of the Museum, and I just might
consider
doing it!

Kiri

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> >     You're kidding . . . these people want $170 for what we would
consider
> >light Queen's luncheon?!?!? And only $125 for members . . . Ye gods . . .

May I respectfully remind you people that when we do a feast, the labor is
free, the serving staff is free or a meal depending on your local, the work
of figuring the recipes, purchasing the food, and setting up the hall is
free. Advertising is minimal, and there is no need to show a profit in most
cases. For a museum to do the same thing they will be paying wages for all
that work we do because we love what we're doing, and they need to make a
profit to underwrite the ongoing work they are doing. I have many coworkers
who are amazed at what we do for so little, and I'm a programmer not a food
professional. Margarite