[Sca-cooks] Re: [trimaris] Smithsonian Stuff

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Jul 6 10:03:09 PDT 2001

Ru said:
> I suggest the ~600 person  Atlantian 20 Yr feast. And ! the Smith-y is
> within our Kingdom !

My personal experience has been that the larger the SCA feast the less
period and the less exquisite the food has been. If I were highlighting
a particular feast I would pick one of the smaller ones. Of course,
it would be better to have this come first-hand, so that probably
limits the examples from which to draw.

My choice (but third hand) might be this one, which can be found
in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium:
Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done in
Lochac.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Good-Fd-Feast-art.html

Or perhaps this one, for a theme feast:
ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion
foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/ill-fd-feast-art.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net