[Sca-cooks] Eating Shakespeare

micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Jul 8 19:33:04 PDT 2001

> > There is a great new cookbook of Elizabethan translations, "Eating
> > Shakespeare", put out by two Toronto-area authors.  It is **NOT**
> > available in the USA, and is NOT on amazon.com.  (there are no u.s.
> > rights sold for
> > the publication so far.)  I will be dragging some copies down to the
> > Pennsic War to sell...pre-reserved copies can be held for pick up
there.
> > These will be selling at $20 us/copy, trade softback format.
>
> I will be writing TSivia on this, but can anyone give me more details
> about this book? Does it include the original recipes? Do the
redactions
> seem reasonable?

Hiya Stef,

I would say that the book is good enough for our culinary shelves, more
of a "neat book to own" rather than a reference for our studies. I
seriously doubt there is anything in the volume that most of us dont
already know or haven't had some experience with. It does however,
"talk" more to the mundane with an eye to somewhat educate. I think it
was worth the 26.95 I paid for it, if for nothing than to amuse me with
its little tidbits that it imparts. I also did our 12th Night Pot Luck
this year from it.

Micaylah