[Sca-cooks] Re: Camels

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Mon Jul 9 16:54:51 PDT 2001

Mari and co,

If this is the same episode of Landline that Drake and I saw - then the
property was in Western Australian and they also specifically mentioned that
all their products were killed/treated/respected so they could be considered
Halal.

Meliora.

> Was that the special on Landline (ABC) about 3-4 weeks ago?
> Drakey.
>
> >I've recently seen a local Television special on a Small
> Australian abbatoir
> >(sp?) that is maintaining it's existence by montly
> processing camel meat for
> >export. (in Victoria or South Australia from patchy memory)
> >
> >Seems that the Camels in Australia are completely disease
> free and therefore
> >the meat is highly prized by various Islamic countries
> >
> >The main story was about how the owners of this Meat
> processing plant were
> >prepared to ensure that everything was completely cleaned
> and disinfected
> >each month prior to the Camel processing - thereby ensuring
> that neither
> >health nor religious requirements were ignored.
> >
> >It's one of the few small abbatoirs to keep trading after
> the Hugh Corporate
> >Meat processors moved into the area.
> >
> >Not very on topic - definately not in period - but interesting!
> >
> >:-)
> >
> >Mari

This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain information
that is confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee named
above.  It may also be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient do
not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy or take any action in
reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete this message.  Before opening any
attachments, check them for viruses or defects.