[Sca-cooks] Libellus de arte coquinaria

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jul 10 05:59:17 PDT 2001

Wanda Pease wrote:

> I know that old age is coming upon me like an avalanche but I just received
> Libellus de arte coquinaria:  An Early Northern Cookery Book from Medieval
> and Renaissance Texts and Studies, Arizona Center for Medieval and
> Renaissance Studies, Rudolf Grewe and Constance Hieatt, $25.00 plus 4.48
> handling.
>
> Lovely little book, has a transcription and the translated recipes look
> possible to cook even for me.
>
> Now the question.  Why did I get this?  I don't remember ordering it in the
> recent past (short term memory is the first to go).  Has this book been on
> the soon to be published lists and finally came out?  Anyone remember?
>
> Regina Romsey

I know Amazon, among other vendors, had it listed for sale long before
publication (maybe January or February), and I pre-ordered it. Then, of
course, Amazon, doubtless with access to all my banking information via
the insidious Microsoft Corporation, who themselves aren't supposed to
know, but almost certainly do, waited until my financial straits were
lowest before shipping... ;  )

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy