[Sca-cooks] Dutch oven question

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Wed Jul 11 08:46:08 PDT 2001

Phlip asked:
>Would this work in a 3-legged cast iron Dutch oven? I
>have one, well seasoned, which I intend to take to
>Pennsic, and I was thinking it might be fun to try one
>of these recipes, if my equipment would work. My
>concern would be that the differing shape (the Dutch
>oven being flat-bottomed, the potjie being rounded)
>might affect the heating characteristics sufficiently
>to either burn or otherwise improperly cook the food.
Alas, I have _no_ idea.  I would suspect it might be a problem.  I'll see
the Marshal this weekend, I can find out for you.

JdH

Jessica Tiffin *** melisant at iafrica.com
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Ichor.  You know ichor.  It oozes out of several tentacles, and beslimes
tessellated pavements, and bespatters bejeweled courtiers, and bores the
bejesus out of everybody.  (Ursula le Guin).