[Sca-cooks] Dutch oven question

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Jul 11 10:15:19 PDT 2001

did my turn in the "open Kitchen" for the re-enactors [non-SCA] at a
Scottish Games in the Highlands of StoneMarche [NH].  It was Chicken Stew
[ leftovers from 10 Roast Chickens, day before]. But by the time I finished
with the growing crowds,  it had stories of capturing game fowls added,
along with herbs from underfoot, and other members wandering by to throw
'stuff' into the pot or extract their portions in due time.  And always the
answer for the mundanes..."Yes ! We eat it ! "   Ru