[Sca-cooks] Dutch oven question

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Thu Jul 12 08:03:28 PDT 2001

in a fix for heat, on a frosty camp night, my cast iron wok became a
habachi. My neighbours had a Big charcoal grill for their group feast. As
the frost was settling on us all, I grabbed my best heavy felt potholders
and wok and headed for the Pit fire. With permission and using their shovel,
I filled the wok over the top. Almost as a scene from the movie Kung-Fu, I
carried the glowing pot back to camp and placed it on the ground inside the
pavilion [ no lack of good air .. 20x20]. I was able to continue my craft
work for several more hours inside the work pavilion. Next day, as expected,
was re-season the wok. but it was clean.   Old camper trick, place [ don't
throw] it into the fire. Burn out every nasty thing, wipe with grease while
warm. Store properly.