[Sca-cooks] garlic brownies

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Sat Jul 14 10:06:39 PDT 2001

> > And then, of course, there was the occasion when I accidentally invented
> > garlic brownies. They actually weren't bad, but I think, had I the
> > opportunity to do them over again... .
>
>Was this garlic instead of the chocolate? Or garlic with the chocolate?

Well, I have oft used chocolate in my savoury dishes, and garlic goes
extremely well with it.  So does fresh ginger as a matter of fact :-)

When I was in culinary school, we learned that it takes actually more
energy to digest chocolate, than it gives you (talking about chocolate
itself, not all the sugar and other stuff added).  So a friend and I
figured that one could develop a diet where you'd eat chocolate to loose
weight! :-)  After a few calculations, we discovered that we'd not get rich
that way, as to loose a pound at the end of the week, one needs to eat
nearly 40 pounds of chocolate daily! :-)

As for "can never have too much chocolate".  Well...  Try working in a
chocolate "factory/lab/kitchen" for long periods...  Eventually, ya kinda
get turned off the major desires to have it.  Of course, it creeps back to
you when you're done working there :-)

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka