[Sca-cooks] meeting people... Was: Pennsic Gunthar Commentary

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Mon Jul 16 10:25:18 PDT 2001

Hmm sounds nice person to meet.....  but my solution to meeting someone at a
non-event is to try wearing something absolutely SCAdian, like a Kingdom tee
shirt. But at  an event, while working, it's hard to match breakaway times
to go meet anyone and say much more than "Hey !  and Later...".   example:
Today I got the final schedule for the collegium in two weeks, and I'm
teaching 5 out of 5 sessions [textiles]. I offered to do 3 or 4. We do need
more teachers to full all the available space. Feature Cook is Thomas
Longshanks doing 4 sessions. And his family doing 3 sessions [ Beads &
Stories].

So do drop by and join in and give your lesson plan a safe haven to
practise.    Ru, who needs to get off the soap box and use it to pack all
the lesson plans....