Cheesemaking was Re: [Sca-cooks] Torta Sambuccea

margali margali at 99main.com
Tue Jul 17 19:03:48 PDT 2001

It is pastuerized and homogenized. Just your basic milk.

My theory is butterfat content and being absolutely fresh that
morning fresh. I find that when I make it to Trinity Farms for
milk, when I go and get the mornings milking before noon it is
better than getting it later in the day, and the heavy cream is
better that day rather than 2 or 3 days old [then they pull it
off the shelves and make sour cream, yoghurt and fortify milk for
cheesemaking with it.]
margali
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
Quoth Marian:
Does anyone know the real truth about Pennsic milk, or have
suggestions
on how I can find out, so as to know -before- planning to make
cheese
whether or not it is raw or pasteurized or what have you?

-M