Cheesemaking was Re: [Sca-cooks] Torta Sambuccea

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 06:52:18 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/17/2001 9:43:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Marian at therosenbergfamilies.net writes:

> Does anyone know the real truth about Pennsic milk, or have suggestions
> on how I can find out, so as to know -before- planning to make cheese
> whether or not it is raw or pasteurized or what have you?

My guess is the milk fat, since to me it tastes like half-and half rather
than the milk I buy at home.
I used to think (not being a chocolate eater and therefore never having had
the chocolate milk), that the chocolate milk was probably so good because of
the chocolate used.  Then I tried the white milk.  I won't willingly drink
white milk I buy at home, but I will willingly drink Pennsic milk.  I tastes
like what I always thought milk should taste like.
And it works very well for soft cheeses.

Brangwayna Morgan