[Sca-cooks] Plum loco

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 07:07:57 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/17/01 10:09:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

<<
 Plum vinegar [now there's a potential jalab!], plum brandy, plum vodka,
 I'm plumb tired out already and the tree hardly looks like I've been
 picking.  Any more ideas, period recipes or such?

Well, I don't know how period it is, but there are some lovely recipes for
plum pudding(The English dessert) and then too, plum cake, plum preserves,
plum chutney, plum mousse(sorry, modern pastierry bent) and of course, you
could always make chutney, and freeze those lovely little plums for winter,
and lets not forget that plums dried out are.... PRUNES! Then you can start
all over again!!

Finnebhir, with a most evil and delighted grin.