[Sca-cooks] Ingredients list

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 05:20:02 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/18/01 11:41:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
gleep001 at hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I also tend to stress if it's Wheat free  (ie - Chicken Stock powder - Wheat
 free - Maize/corn based)

 And is it my imagination or does Wheat Intolerence seem to be the Latest
 "Allergy of the Year"?? - I hardly ever get people mentioning that they are
 "Dairy/Lactose Intolerent" these days, but oddles of "No Wheat"  - is the
 medical world getting better at identifying the causes or ???

Actually, I think it's because more strains of genetically modified wheat are
being grown. I had a friend about 11 years ago who was allergic to not only
wheat, but also dairy, chicken and beef, and sucrose. It was very interesting
trying to make things for him to eat. Rice flour and soy milk became stable
additions to my kitchen.

Finnebhir