[Sca-cooks] Ingredients list

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 19 05:59:44 PDT 2001

> Actually, I think it's because more strains of genetically modified wheat are
> being grown. I had a friend about 11 years ago who was allergic to not only
> wheat, but also dairy, chicken and beef, and sucrose. It was very interesting
> trying to make things for him to eat. Rice flour and soy milk became stable
> additions to my kitchen.

Wheat intolerance was a big deal at one point, way before the introduction
of genetically modified wheat: a large number of kids now in their 20s and
early 30s were diagnosed with it. The theory seemed to be that wheat was
being introduced into babies' diets too early and too much, and these
(unbreastfed) kids were developing allergies to it, since about the same
time there was a large crop of kids with soy allergies (same issue).

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa