[Sca-cooks] Ingredients list

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 07:13:14 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/18/2001 11:49:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
upsxdls_osu at ionet.net writes:

> If I use
> vegetarian bouillion cubes, may I state I used the cubes, or do I need to
> list
> the ingredients on the side of the box as well?

What I do is mark the pre-purchased item in the list in some way (say with an
asterisk) and then have the asterisk at the bottom of the page with  the
statement "food purchased pre-made; please see cook if concerned about
ingredients".  I then keep either a container (if I didn't use all of it) or
cut out the part with the ingredients list on it and keep that in the
kitchen.  That saves me from having to rewrite all the ingredients, but still
has them available if anyone wants to check.  If I know a certain person with
a certain allergy is eating the feast, I will mark it as  "beef base
(contains wheat flour)" or whatever, in the ingredients list.

Brangwayna Morgan