[Sca-cooks] Kitchens

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Sun Jul 22 10:51:47 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>;-)
>But from the frozen north - you don't want seal meat, blubber and
>ptarmigan?

Actually, I'm originally from Lochac.  I'd kill to be able to get roo
meat here.

>Ok, well - you could still do a shopping day on the day after you
>get there and keep the stuff in camp. I agree about wanting
>pretty much everything except the dried fish [big yuck face here-
>can't abide the stuff.]

Hrm.  *sigh*  I don't *want* to break my medieval mood every few days
and get changed into modern clothes and get in a car and drive to a
supermarket.  I *really* don't want to have to do that.

The point, for me, isn't that it's not possible to get food offsite and
keep it in coolers.  The point is that getting food offsite and keeping
it in coolers doesn't feel "right" for me when I'm deep in medieval
mode.

Yours,

Katherine

--
Lady Katherine Robillard  (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/