[Sca-cooks] re: Lemon Syrup

Philip Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 24 12:29:25 PDT 2001

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:
>Sweetener is always available: at the coffee dispenser.
Ah, the problem was probably that people didn't know it was
available... i had it right next to the drinks when i did it.

>Because of course you have to have coffee.
Funny... i don't think i've seen coffee at any of the events around
here.. not for public consumptions anyway... Oh, except at the
Abyssinian event where we had the really strong stuff...

>Actually, the water at this site is very good.
That, at least, is comforting...

>They always have a choice. They can drink coffee. They can also make their
>own orangeade by squeezing the quartered oranges into their water.
>Mint iced tea may be offered, in which case it won't be sweetened, but as
with currently four sugared drinks, and only water (or hot coffee) i'd
consider making this indead of the lemonaid.  I'm not trying to force
you to do this... I'm just asking that you to consider it.
If sweeteners were not within site of the liquid, i can see why
"just lemon water" may have not been well received in the past.
>Course... i drink it all the time.. ;)

>If it will make you happy, tho',
Doesn't matter if it makes me happy.. it matter to the people who have
real health considerations.  I am on a low card diet by choice,
diabetics and hypoglycemics do not have that choice. I have several
friends of both varieties... including my wife, and they are always
having to fend for themselves--- thus subsidizing the people who can
drink pre-sugared stuff... since the alternative is more often than not
water.

>I will put up a sign with directions for making your own orangeade.
that might be nice.

>Of course if they want to put sweetener in it
you might want to put a note on the sign: sweetener available inside
near the coffee.

>In addition to the above, the following things will be made available:
*stuff deleted*

Sounds nice... hope your event goes well.

--
be safe,
flip

^___^