[Sca-cooks] Fighter food

Philip Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jul 24 14:25:30 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 24 July 2001 03:42, you wrote:
> >Because of course you have to have coffee.
>
> Of course.
>
> >Right now, what I am planning on offering is:
> >Water
>
> Always the best bet.
>
> >Gatorade (blech. But it's a fighting event, you gotta have it.)
>
> Why? I really don't think that there would be
> a single fighter who would raise a major stink
> if there were no gatorade. Especially if stuff
> like pickles and oranges were carried around. Fighters
> drink gatorade because it's there. It doesn't supply
> really what is needed, that's just advertising.

Possibly, my own personal experience excepted. Much as I hate to admit it, I
have yet to run across anything that will rehydrate me as well as the
steenkeeng Gatorade. I also get intense muscle cramps when dehydrated, and
the only thing that comes close to Gatorade for putting those away is tonic
water. Not pickles, not bananas, not beer, and not any of the other more
palatable suggestions I've heard of. Yes, Gatorade does taste like two
gallons worth of bad-quality powdered lemonade mix dissolved in one gallon of
seawater, but for me it does have a niche. But then, when I do drink it, I'll
usually have either about three ounces of the stuff, or the equivalent
diluted heavily.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com

"And besides-- all the chicks dig UNIX!" - overheard at the NY Aikikai