[Sca-cooks] re: Lemon Syrup

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 24 19:36:01 PDT 2001

> Besides, I still get grumpy to pay for something i can't use. I
> have seen dayboards where all I could eat was generic crap cheese
> and hard boiled eggs. All I could drink was plain heavily
> chlorinated water. Yummy.

And this may be one, I'm afraid. If someone has a problem with bread, all
fruits, pickles and crudite' vegetables and only can eat protein,
basically this dayboard offers eggs and cheese. If they also have a
problem with sugar, they get water or water with reconstituted lemon
(unless I get some more lemons).

At smaller dayboards, we've provided more protein stuff. It is a
hard decision to make, but to be honest with the crowd we get at War Camp,
the amount of meat we'd have to cook to make sure everybody got the amount
that they paid for... we'd have to come up a few days early and roast a
cow. ;)

Every event has to have food adapted to its purpose. The basic point of
the War Camp dayboard is to get juicy things and salt substrates into
people so they don't pass out or get sick. The basic point of the court
board is to give people something to eat so they don't pass out during
court. Fortunately, if someone who can only eat protein came to the event,
after getting their 75 cents worth of hardboiled eggs and cheese, they
could satisfy their souls the next morning with the magnificent breakfast,
with sausage gravy and (currently planned) two kinds of meat as well as
scrambled eggs. *smile*

I know there is condition where people can't eat either bread or
fruit/veggies, but I don't remember what it is. Can someone tell me?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa (who is much calmer now, thanks.)