[Sca-cooks] re: Lemon Syrup

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Jul 24 21:51:44 PDT 2001

>Fortunately, if someone who can only eat protein came to the event,
>after getting their 75 cents worth of hardboiled eggs and cheese, they
>could satisfy their souls the next morning with the magnificent breakfast,
>with sausage gravy and (currently planned) two kinds of meat as well as
>scrambled eggs. *smile*
. . . . if they survive. . . Does that 75 cents cover as much as they want, or,
well, only 75 cents worth?
And exactly how much flour goes into that sausage gravy? It's carb. . .
(I'm sorry I sound so maniacal about it, but I know too many people
who are either diabetic or hypoglycemic who fight, and the Jewish
grandmother in me worries so. There's more of us around than you
think.)

>I know there is condition where people can't eat either bread or
>fruit/veggies, but I don't remember what it is. Can someone tell me?
If it's bread, it's probably an intolerance to gluten, and/or an allergy
to wheat - and the friend I have who has that allergy says it affects corn,
and some forms of rice, too - _all_ wheats, which covers some grass-type
things that we eat, too, if I remember correctly. But that's just her; not
everyone who's allergic to wheat is allergic to all wheat-type things too.
If it's fruit/veggies,  ummm, a spastic colon is it?

Alban