[Sca-cooks] Fighter food

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 06:41:12 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/24/01 4:28:09 PM Central Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<<
 Possibly, my own personal experience excepted. Much as I hate to admit it, I
 have yet to run across anything that will rehydrate me as well as the
 steenkeeng Gatorade. I also get intense muscle cramps when dehydrated, and
 the only thing that comes close to Gatorade for putting those away is tonic
 water. Not pickles, not bananas, not beer, and not any of the other more
 palatable suggestions I've heard of. Yes, Gatorade does taste like two
 gallons worth of bad-quality powdered lemonade mix dissolved in one gallon of
 seawater, but for me it does have a niche. But then, when I do drink it, I'll
 usually have either about three ounces of the stuff, or the equivalent
 diluted heavily.

Okay, time for me to butt in again. Gatorade should NEVER be drunk straight.
It should always be done f50-50 with water. Reason- if your body is
dehyrating, you will loose even more water and nutrients trying to break down
something that loaded with vitamins and minerals. What good does it do to
de-hydrate while trying to re-hydrate?

Finnebhir, who's done a fair number of fighter practices and payed for
drinking Gatorade straight.