[Sca-cooks] OOP: Coleman oven

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Jul 25 11:40:39 PDT 2001

I use one also... and added a one inch by 8x8" piece of soap stone to the
bottom to diffuse and 'hold' heat. works great when opening the door to
retrieve pieces that finish early. Remember to pre-heat SLOWLY.  do double
check the original thermo. I watched the temp changes with several
thermocouples and a Fluke 77 meter. Yes there is hot spots and warm corners,
that why I added the plate. Others might try a low side cast [aside] iron
fry pan, sans handle. Or the cover to a Dutch oven. Imagination should be
used for the equipment as well as the food presentation. Ru