[Sca-cooks] Pressure cookers, was pickled beef

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Fri Jul 27 15:35:21 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pixel, Queen of Cats" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com>
To: "SCA-Cooks maillist" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2001 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] pickled beef

> Also, I just got a pressure canner (I was at Wally's getting jar lids, it
> called to me) and am trying to come up with stuff to can. ;-)
>
> Five jars of stew, one didn't seal. Sigh. Oh, well. Stew for dinner
> tonight. ;-)
>
> Margaret FitzWilliam

Oh, don't just use it for canning - a pressure cooker is a godsend when
cooking time for dinner gets to short (or you forget to thaw out the chicken
: )  )
Two cookbooks I have found very useful are :
_The Pressured Cook_, and _Cooking under Pressure_ both by Lorna J. Sass
(yes, the same author of _To the Queen's Taste_ and _To the King's Taste_)

Beatrix of Tanet
(whose pressure cooker has saved dinner more than once!)

---