[Sca-cooks] cheese: primary source recipes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 29 17:45:26 PDT 2001

Thomnas said:
> << Is the source in English? >>
>
> It is in Latin. But someone could work on it. There is a German
> translation, published in the "B=FCndner Monatsblatt", vol. 6, 1993, page
> 445-451. Might be of some help.
>
> A correction on what I said: The letter is 1556; but the book (Jodocus
> Willich's 'Ars magirica') was published in 1563. Sorry.
>
> I have a transcription and JPEGs ready. Will make them available soon
> (needs one further round of proofreading). Perhaps there is somebody who
> wishes to tackle a translation project.

Oooh! Somebody please take this on. I'd like to read this. It would be
interested to find out about this second technique "imported from Italy
"thirty years ago" (a triginta annis)." that was known in Italy but not
in Germany such a short distance away.

If someone does this, I'd be willing to offer space in the Florilegium
for the translation.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net