[Sca-cooks] whole roasted pig

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Jun 4 15:25:22 PDT 2001

Olwen commented:
> So it goes well with pork eh?  How about whole roasted pig?  That's pork. I
> may make up a batch of this for Pennsic.  The Bright Hills Cooks Guild was
> asked to do the Kings private pig roast they will be having after the open
> house affair in celebration of their marriage.

I've heard of whole roasted pig that went well, but I've also heard
of several total disasters.

Perhaps some of the information in this file in the new FOOD-MEATS
section of the Florilegium might help ensure that yours is one of
the first rather than the latter:
whole-pig-msg     (26K)  4/27/01    Info. on roasting a whole pig.
Experiences.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/whole-pig-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net