[Sca-cooks] copper bowls

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Fri Jun 22 13:30:39 PDT 2001

Stefan, has anyone mentioned that a bit of soap is as detrimental as a bit
of yolk (more so than a little water) for the same reason, the fats
"deflate" the whites. (It may have been said, I'm reading rather quickly.

Adamantius said:

> Hmmmm. In that case, I wonder why nobody has marketed a
> copper whip? Or have they?

A quick search brings up a bunch of copper bowl, but all stainless steel
whisks. And one copper handled Balloon whisk (from cookscorner.com) but I
don't see how the *handle* being copper is going to make any but an asthetic
difference. Someone with a moment of time to search may have better luck.
You'd think it'd be a sensible product, if a penny works. And I'd rather
spend ten bucks on a whisk for no other use than thirty on a bowl for no
other use.

> Hey, I developed quite a reputation as a purveyor of fancy foods in an
> elegant setting when I used to use folded-out pages of The
> Weekly World
> News as place mats.

Oh I *knew* I liked you for some reason. I love it.

Lann