[Sca-cooks] Summer starts WHEN?

BaronessaIlaria at aol.com BaronessaIlaria at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 19:40:10 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/4/2001 9:35:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
melcnewt at netins.net writes:

> Always has been that way as far as weathermen are concerned. December 1
>  starts winter, March 1 Spring, June 1 summer, and September 1 Autumn.

The weather folks in VA and FL don't agree with you I'm afraid... They say
that the seasons start with the solstices/equinoxes. A friend at University
of Arizona who studied atmospheric sciences laughed when I asked him about
the idea that the seasons start on anything other than those dates...

Ilaria