[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Apicius...

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 5 10:29:41 PDT 2001

Lady Heloise Noailles-les-Brive asked:
> I've heard that there is more than one edition of this
> Roman cookbook.  Any recommendations?  I plan to
> purchase it soon.

Check this file in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:
cb-rv-Apicius-msg (37K)  4/20/00    Reviews of cookbooks having Apicius
recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cb-rv-Apicius-msg.html

You might also find some of the annotated bibliographies and
other reviews of other cookbooks in this section useful. And this
file might be useful when it comes to actually buying the books:
merch-cookbks-msg (10K)  8/31/99    Merchants selling period cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/merch-cookbks-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net
(My appologies to any are upset that I posted this again after doing
so a short time ago, but Lady Heloise may not have seen the previous
one)