[Sca-cooks] Vegetarian feast

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jun 6 11:22:13 PDT 2001

Wednesday and Saturday were also fish days during certain times in
period. As were certain saint's days, and Ember days (when you could also
eat dairy products). So you don't have to limit yourself to Lent.

For that matter, simply have your feast hosted by someone who has taken an
oath to take no flesh food or is a religious offical.

WRT timing:

Someday I want to have a cook's collegium sort of event focusing on
"things that you didn't know were period," to bring such nifty things as
macrows and cryspes and pain perdu to the general SCA public. And I will
call it "The Feast of the Assumptions" and have it in March. ;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam