[Sca-cooks] Inexpen$ive [not-cheap] feast.

Fri Jun 8 12:48:05 PDT 2001

$3.50 per plate expense maximum, $4.50 per paid plate price, feast for 100
with 90 paid.  Okay, I've been here before and I nearly got bit when the
expected attendance didn't show.  I think the price for a paid plate should
be $5.

The reasoning is:  100 plates @ $3.50 = $350.  90 plates @ $4.50 = $405.
Breakeven is 78 paid feast reservations.  ROI for a sold out feast is 15.7
per cent.  90 plates @ $5 = $450.  Breakeven is 70 paid feast reservations.
ROI for a sold out feast is 28.5 per cent.

The $5 price provides a greater margin for error and a greater return (since
fund raising was one of the goals).  Most people who will pay $4.50 for a
feast won't begrudge $5.

BTW, your idea of $1 profit per plate doesn't hold up when you comp plates.
Each comped plate represents a 1 per cent loss of gross income and a 4.5 per
cent (at the $4.50 rate, 3.3 per cent at the $5 rate) cut into net profits.

Now for a few questions.  How many people are available to work this feast?
Does the group have someone who knows how to bake in quantity?

Bear