[Sca-cooks] SCA populace meetings

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Jun 11 10:04:22 PDT 2001

Andrea commented:
> << What is an "SCA commons"? This is not a term I've heard before. >>
>
> It's when we gather at someone's house to discuss the business end of
> Ostgardr and eat really good food. We meet at someone's house once a month
> (rental of places is extremely expensive).

How many folks show up for your populace meetings? It seems like it
would be awlfully crowded having them at someone's house. We often
get 25 to 35 people at ours and more the month that the annual
budget is discussed.

Do the public libraries there not have rooms available? Or any
businesses? We've met at both. Currently we are meeting at a nice
room that is part of a city wastewater plant. We also hold our
Sunday fighter practices there. Indoor, air-conditioned space
for meetings/classes/crafts is appreciated in the Ansteorra
summer.

Does the crowd actually try to cook in someone's kitchen? Or do folks
bring stuff already cooked and eat it potluck/buffet style? Some folks
swing by fast food places on the way to our meeting. This sounds like
it might be an interesting thing to do.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net