[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks - Ethiopian food

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 12 14:33:51 PDT 2001

>If you want to try different cuisines, try coming to NYC.
>
>There was a lovely place that served Tibetan temple food (totally vegan),
>and a Nigerian restaurant come to mind first off.  there was an Ethiopian
>place, and many middle eastern ones.  One of the best Morrocan food places
>we have found was in Philly - called Marrakesh, but it pales by comparison
>to the one in DC by the same name.  There are several Argentinian
>restaurants that I've been to in the city, as well the better Mexican
>restaurants (not tex/mex).
>
>I think Adamantius can tell you more about the multitude of different
>cuisines in NYC :-)

For the carnivorous people when we went to the Museum of Natural
History to see the viking collection when the rest of our party was
going to pizzera uno 'cause it was right on the corner, my friend and
I walked down the block and found a place called Jackson Hole and I
had a hamburger that weighed 1/2 lb and was cooked exactly the way I
liked it.  The ground beef tasted so fresh, almost like  it  was
slaughtered the day before.  The rest of the meal was good too.

It was a reasonable price too.  I didn't realize till afterward that
there are something like 5 other restaurants with the same name, but
it was still a good place to eat.

	Angeline