[Sca-cooks] Re: holding doors

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 12 17:11:20 PDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Vincent Cuenca wrote:

> No, we're not.  I once met a woman who steadfastly refused to walk through
> any door held open for her.  Considered it demeaning.  Personally, I was
> brought up to hold doors for everybody.  Some men get a bit disconcerted by
> this, and wave me through.  I just stand there and say, "I'm the one with
> the door. Get in there!"

*sigh* I've heard similar sentiments from Seumas. My best comment is- let
the woman indicate if she wants the door held or not. It is your honor to
offer, but her rudeness to refuse.

'Lainie
who is old enough to be pleasantly surprised to have the door opened for
her- and no, the cane do not seem to alter things much... :-(