sucralose/splenda (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Gyro? Hero?)

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Jun 17 09:26:18 PDT 2001

Yep, because the splenda is 'stretched' by using dextrose and
maltodextrin to give it enough bulk to be more than a grain of
salt ;-)

I am in contact with a Brazillian off my Nova Roma list who is
going to find the product and we are ging to do an exchange, he
will send the splenda ul, and I will pay him back by buying
something from a catalog [like books from amazon or something
like that] and having it shipped to hime.

NaturesFlavors.com sells splenda sweetened flavoring syrups [like
for shaved ice or making juleps] and at one time had a lightly
vanilla flavored splenda liquid, stock numbered NF 2841. Maybe if
enough of us ask for it, they will start doing it again!

[I like to mix the flaored syrups into ice water without bubbles,
but lots of the people on my list like to mix it with tonic water
to make bubbly drinks.]

margali

~~~~~the quote starts here:
And that Portuguese is shore difficult to translate... So, when I
bought
several bottles of the stuff from them some six months ago, maybe
that
wasn't such a bad thing. I think I've perfected the cheesecake I
had
intended to make industrially...

> I am working on getting somebody in Brazil on one of my other
> lists to trade liquid splenda for books from amazon.com, or
> something else bought off the web.
>
> You can now buy splenda in packettes at a fair number of the
> larger grocery chains, and I have also seen it at Walmart.

It should be noted, though, that the packet Splenda is mixed with
some
kind of sugar, and while low in carbohydrates, it's not as low as
the liquid.

Adamantius