sucralose/splenda (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Gyro? Hero?)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 17 20:37:43 PDT 2001

>Stefan wrote:
>>  I also bought a bottle of their ... spearmint
>>  flavored one. I'm hoping that I can use these to make
>>  a passable Sekanjabin.
>
>What is the common mint used in Persian cooking? Neither
>peppermint nor spearmint taste right to me (they taste like
>Christmas or medicine, respectively).
>
>Or maybe I'm just too picky.
>
>Irmele

I'm afraid i don't know about Persian mint.

The mint used in modern Morocco for mint tea is basically spearmint.
It's pretty amazing to see, on the road in the morning, an *entire*
donkey cart piled with fresh mint on its way to a souq or a medina.

My understanding is that spearmint is also the type of mint typically
sold fresh in supermarkets. In mine, the sign just says "mint".
Anyone here have any idea which it is? Think the produce dept. guys
will know?

What an imporverishment. There are so many different kinds of mints
with so many flavors and we just normally can buy one or two unless
we grow our own - and i live in an apt., so no place to grow mint.

Anahita