[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 18 22:38:15 PDT 2001

Aethelwulf commented:
> Also my "big" goal right now is to find/develop a respectable
> poudre douce/poudre forte,may be to big a bite just starting out
> but if you wanna learn ya gotta get dirty.

You might find some of the comments in this file, as well as the
redactions that other people have come up with for these spice
mixtures to be useful:
spice-mixes-msg   (22K)  7/20/00    Period spice mixtures. Poudre Forte, Douce.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/spice-mixes-msg.html

>   So if any of the more learned of you on the list have suggestons
> for projects or books that may be of a help to a novice such as me
> feel free to let me know.

You might also find some of the files on spices and herbs in the PLANTS,
HERBS AND SPICES section useful. Also, some of the bibliographies and
cookbook reviews in the FOOD-BOOKS section.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net