[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 19 06:42:46 PDT 2001

I've got a couple of projects in the works.  One, a CA on medieval kitchens, is a
long-term project that I'm trying to get more work on.  Most of the research is
done, though I still have a little to do on Tudor kitchens.  One part, on high
Medieval kitchens, was published in our local A&S publication and, much to my great
surprise, won the William Blackfox award this past year.

My second project is one on Ni Ts'an, which will probably be submitted to either TI
and/or our Kingdom A&S issue.  It'll be about his work as a very famous Ming
Dynasty painter, poet and author of the "Cloud Forest Hall Collection of Rules for
Drinking and Eating" from which I drew the Chinese recipes that I used for the
oriental feast last fall.

Hope this is what you were after....

Kiri