[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

Adler, Chris Chris.Adler at westgroup.com
Tue Jun 19 07:41:42 PDT 2001

My goals:

1. Finishing tinkering with my website and loading my recent classes and
feasts onto it.

2. Planting a few herbs at my new house. (starting out small...)

3. Mentoring a new cook for her first feast in early July.

4. Baking goodies for the AEthelmearc Queen's Tea at Pennsic.

5. Nullifying *some* of Devra's evil rays of mass consumption, and buying
only a *few* wonderful books I need/want at Poison Pen Press at Pennsic.
Sigh. I can hope.

6. Researching the menu and recipes to help an incipient shire's feast in
the fall.

7. Researching some topics for winter collegium classes: a survey of
medieval cooking equipment, what's in a medieval kitchen larder?,
non-alcoholic medieval beverages, herbs and the medieval midwife, Hildegard
of Bingen's view of medicine, and the history of the Shroud of Turin.

Katja