[Sca-cooks] beating egg whites

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Jun 22 09:06:59 PDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> Ted Eisenstein wrote:
> >
> > Hey! No-one's mentioned using very, very clean and very, very dry
> > copper bowls!
> >
> > Alban
>
> Oh, Oh, Oh, 'E wants a copper bow-el, 'e does. "Pardon me, Mater, I'm
> off to play the Grand Pi-ahhhhh-no! Pin a rose on me, for I'm to be
> Queen of the May!"
>
> Stainless steel's not good enough for you, eh?
>
> Ahem. Sorry. I feel better now.
>
> But when I was a lad, we 'ad it towf... we didn't 'ave egg shells,
> except soft pre-amniotic ones, so we 'ad to 'oold breaf and beat yon
> eggs underwater!
>
> Adamantius (who has a copper bowl _some_ place)

Besides, for the price of a good copper bowl, you can get *two* new
five-quart bowls for the Kitchen-Aid, or the cold-water jacket, or most of
the stuff for new armor, or a pair of demi-gauntlets, or a whole pile of
fabric. :-)

Margaret, who would like a copper bowl but only if someone else gives it
to her