[Sca-cooks] parsley stems?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jun 25 17:28:33 PDT 2001

"Mark.S Harris" wrote:

> Parsley stems? Not parsley leaves?
>
> Sounds like making something of peanut shells instead of the peanuts.
> Or using potato skins. Although there is I snack I like of potato
> skins, but it probably has as much potato as potato skin in it.

You could use parsley leaves, but for this purpose the stems would be
just as good, and provide a use for something a lot of people just throw
away and waste.

I actually like parsley and cilantro stems and roots, suitably prepared.
The stems are crunchier and juicier than the leaves, lighten textures of
most things they're added to, and are all-around spiff. They also come
free when you buy parsley or cilantro. The main disadvantage of using
them is that when you want to color or a strong flavor, they have less
of both than the leaves. Luckily that's not always a problem.

--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com